Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yearly Check-up

Ok, so I know what you're thinking- not that kind of a check-up! I'm referring to the fact that I can't seem to keep this thing updated!

A lot has been happening lately. Connor started nursery at the beginning of the month. :( I can't believe how big he is getting! Everyone tells you how fast time flies when you have kids, but it's true! He's a lot of fun, though. He has really gotten into baseball. He watches games on tv and he sleeps with his bat, ball and glove. He wakes up in the morning and asks to watch baseball. We bought him a 2007 Boston Red Sox dvd that he watches during the day. I'm not exactly sure where the fascination came from, but I can't say I'm totally unhappy about it. It's nice to see you're kids enjoying different aspects of life. He's also learned to give kisses, which is SOOOO cute. He does the "smack" noise and everything. And of course, the thing that melts my heart the most, he waits to hold my hand when we're walking places. I have really enjoyed being a mom.

Jason just started his third, AND FINAL, year of law school. I can't say that I'm overly disappointed. It's nice to see the end of the road in sight. He's applied for some Bankruptcy internships with judges around the country. He's busy with school, interning with one of the oldest Bankruptcy judges in the country, attending classes and working on the US Virgin Island's Constitution project.

I have gotten really busy with my real estate job. I'm working with some renter's right now and am also developing some marketing tools for the company. It's something I am really enjoying and it's been great to be able to work from home and around my own schedule.

We got to attend my friend Kristen's wedding a few weeks ago. It was so awesome to see her get sealed in the temple. She's like a sister to me and I am so happy for her!

Life is sure to pick up in the next few months as Jason hopefully hears back from some of the places he has applied to and as we approach Connor's second birthday. I'm excited to see what life has for us next.

1 comment:

Keira said...

Fun update Jessica! I didn't know Connor sleeps with his ball, bat and glove. That is so cute!