Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Some Much Needed Updates




Well, it has been a TERRIBLY long time since I last updated this blog. So much has happened in the past eight months, many of which are EXTREMELY important, so here goes:


1. We are expecting baby #2 in January of 2010! It is so exciting (and a little scary) to think we'll be adding to our family. Connor is excited right now, but I know he doesn't fully comprehend what having a little brother or sister is going to entail.
2. I went back to work in January. Jason was about to begin his final semester at Stetson and only had two night classes, so we switched roles; I became the breadwinner and Jason became a stay-at-home dad. I really HATED being away from Connor and I had way too much work all the time. I also really struggled with the counsel we have received from the general authorities about mother's staying home with their children. One of the girls I worked with was pregnant and was determined that she would not be returning to work the following year after she had her son. Her reason? "Nothing is worth sacrificing my family." What simple, but profound words. So, after a LONG four months, I'm back to being a stay-at-home mom. I LOVE it! There is nothing better than when Connor wakes up in the morning and says, "Hi Mommy!" and then, "Bye Daddy!"

3. Jason graduated from law school! YIPPEE! I am really proud of him.

He is now in the process of studying for the Bar. (Not so fun!) He is also working in downtown Tampa at the 13th Judicial Circuit. He works on post-conviction motions for inmates. He really enjoys his job and the people he works with. (I think he liked having his own office the most!)

4. We're moving! I can't believe it either! It's exciting and a little sad, too. I've lived in this condo for six years. We decided that we need a little more space so we're moving to a 3/2 condo in Riverview, FL August 1st. I'm not looking forward to all of the packing that will be involved, but I am looking forward to having a bigger kitchen! The complex also has two pools, a workout facility and a playground.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Wo Jessica. how are you guys doing. I am so excited for you to have another baby, have you found out what you are having? how did the move go. I have been a terrible friend.
good luck with everything
Elisabeth